Need a great spinning reel that is durable and inexpensive? Consider the Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel 6.2:1. In this review I will try to provide you with all the details that I believe you should know about this spinning reel before you decide to buy it or not.
Keep in mind that this is just a review. If you try to find the cheapest price online for the Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel then you can Click On This Link to take advantage of great 11% discount on this spinning reel today…
What Is The Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel 6.2:1?
A Quick Description And Overview
The Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel (6.2:1) is one of the best spinning reels on the market today and actually it’s no wonder that it managed to become one of Shimano’s best-selling S-Concept reels.
This product is perfect for smallmouth and walleye anglers, who are craving for a problem-free spinning reel with a reliable drag. The Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel has a 6-pound maximum drag and gear ratio of 6.2:1. It weighs 9.9 ounces and features a graphite frame, convenient handle shank, rotor, and side-plate.
Even with its low price, this reel has the Propulsion™ Line Management System, which contains 5 major elements: cam, spool lip, bail trip, bail wire, and roller. These elements enable users to cover more distances while experiencing lesser backlashes, wind knots, friction, and line twists.
Its Dyna-Balance® technology totally removes retrieval shaking by offsetting the rotor. Its Fluidrive® gearing, on the other hand, guarantees that this reel gives you more control and the highest tolerance to allow smooth and great retrieval all the time.
Other features of the Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel include a cord-forged aluminum pool, six stainless steel ball bearings and a line capacity of: 2/270, 4/140, 6/110.
Other Technical Details
Average Score: 4.7/5
Percentage Of Positive Reviews: 97%
What Other Users Say About The Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel?
Inland northern fisherman
I have 2 of shimano spirex RG and have had great results with both of them and would recommend them to anyone that wants bang for your buck.
The best fishing reel I ever bought! I can’t wait to hit the lake
This fishing reel came highly recommended by my fishin’ buddies. I tested it with a casting plug and was very pleased. I can’t wait to hit the lake…
The Pros & Cons Of The Spirex RG Spinning Reel
- Thanks to its Dyna-Balance® technology, this product offers an extremely smooth retrieve—no wobbling at all—every single time.
- It is sturdy and reliable, and it can handle big game fish.
- People really like its rear drag adjust lever and Quick Fire trigger, which allow fast adjustment while reeling in.
- The casting trigger conveniently auto-position this reel, so you don’t have to remove your left hand from the retrieve handle.
- The casting is great while reeling in is pretty damn quick.
- The spool can be easily removed with just a push of a button (found on top).
- It offers heavy-duty components and reliable performances at a very reasonable price.
- One minor problem with this product is that it doesn’t accommodate enough line for some people.
- Over tightening the drag could break this reel, or any Shimano reels for that matter.
- It does not have an infinite anti-reverse.
The Bottom Line
Honestly, it was really hard to find faults with the Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel. Most of the issues raised are not enough to damage the reputation of this spinning reel and we guess that’s why this easily became one of Shimano’s top sellers.
We know there are much better (and more costly) Shimano reels out there, but this gives you a bang for your buck. This model offers reliable, smooth and quality performances without the expensive price tag. It casts really great, offers worry-free reeling, even when handling huge game fish.
Overall, the Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel is a must-have item for anyone out there who wants a high quality reel that offers amazing value for money.