Old Town Vapor 10 Angler Kayak
- Sport, durable and efficient streamlined polyethylene design
- Tracks very well even when loaded heavy
- Spacious cockpit makes fishing much easier
- Carry handles located in the kayak for easier carrying
- Anchor with trolley system and deck bungee
- No cover for rear compartment
- Would like to see more forward storage space
For anglers who want a sturdy kayak that can carry a load then be sure to take a look at this Old Town Vapor 10 Angler kayak review in which we break down all the features of this kayak. We’ll discuss what makes this kayak one of the best fishing kayaks on the market today and why we like it so much. It’s not all good however and there are some problems we found with this kayak that you will want to be aware of before you decide on buying it.
Old Town is a brand that has a very long tradition of innovative technology and dates back all the way to 1898 when they started making their first canoes. Even today this brand continues manufacturing lighter and durable kayaks, which are usually made of polyethylene and Sperlinear technologies.
The Old Town Vapor 10 Angler kayak made for recreational fishing is a kayak that is sporty and at the same time very efficient and stable kayak, and even though it features a very streamlined design, the cockpit is very spacious with adjustable seat and thigh pads.
This is actually an entry level mode kayak that offers some useful features such has a molded-in cockpit tray together with a cup holder, adjustable foot braces and molded-in paddle rest as well as built in carry handles and a drain plug.
This model is 10 foot long and 28 inches wide and it will allow you to reach hard accessible places and to navigate through the water quietly so that you can easily sneak up on your catch.
Other Technical Details
Shipping Weight: 55 pounds
Average Score: 4.7/5
Percentage Of Positive Reviews: 96%
What Other Users Say About The 10-Feet Vapor 10 Angler Recreational Fishing Kayak?
This my first kayak but I looked at many and read a lot of reviews before I settled on the old town vapor angler…
It was so great, it was stolen!
I think I read at least 300 kayak reviews and shopped everywhere for one (from Craig’s list to Gander Mountain) and finally settled on this one. I loved using this kayak…
I do a lot of fishing down by the Sacramento river and wanted to get into some kayak fishing. I had an Ocean side kick (made for an adult plus one child) and it was great for…
The Pros & Cons Of The Old Town 10-Feet Vapor 10 Angler Recreational Fishing Kayak
- Sport, durable and efficient streamlined polyethylene design.
- Spacious cockpit with adjustable seats and foot braces for a more comfortable seating.
- Molded-in cockpit dash board, paddle park and a cup holder make a part of cockpit amenities.
- Molded carry handles for better grip.
- Anchor with trolley system and deck bungee.
- Additional features such as drain plug and stern day-well for storage.
- Lack of storage space.
- Doesn’t have a cover for the rear compartment.
- The seats are not very comfortable compared to several other models and require a higher back.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the Old Town 10-Feet Vapor 10 Angler Recreational Fishing Kayak is a decent model that features a sporty design which makes it very efficient and stable. This kayak has a very streamlined design and its cockpit is very spacious even though on the first look it doesn’t seem to be.
We also like that it offers some additional features that most of the time can be found only on more expensive models such as molded-in cockpit dash board, a cup holder, adjustable foot braces, thigh pads, stern day well as well as a deck bungee, 2 flush mounted rod holders, a built in carry handles and more.
All in all, the Old Town 10-Feet Vapor 10 Angler Recreational Fishing Kayak is not a “luxury” model, however for the price you pay you get a great value…