In today’s fast paced world having the time to search for hours on end looking for fish just doesn’t seem feasible. One tool that many people are using to spend more time fishing instead of looking for fish is by using a fish finder. And for portable fish finders on of the best is the Humminbird 120 Fishin’ Buddy 4-Inch Waterproof Fish Finder and in this review I will try to provide you with all the details that I believe you should know about this fish finder before you decide to buy it or not.
The Humminbird 120 is an affordable device that can help you to catch more fish which has a clamp design for easy mounting on your boat, a rented boat, or wherever you need to have this without ever having to do any manual labor.
The Humminbird 120 fish finder has 24 inches transducer tube housing, which makes it suited for small to mid-size fishing boats. Its SideFinding sonar helps you spot and catch fish at any direction up to 240 feet deep. You can clearly see the details on its 4-inch high-resolution monochrome LCD screen with 8-level grayscale capability, which also provides information on size (of fish) and temperature.
The Humminbird 120 fish finder is a plug-and-play type device. You just turn it on and it’s good to go. This device runs on six AA batteries, which provide approximately 30 hours of operation.
Other Technical Details
Product Dimensions: 15.1 x 11 x 29.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 7.6 pounds
Average Score: 4.2/5
Percentage Of Positive Reviews: 87%
What Other Users Say About The Humminbird 120 FishFinder?
I have not owned a fish finder in years and i have to say the technology has come a long way. I bought the 120 and i have to say it put me on fish all day long.
I love it.
Shows me temp, depth & where the fish are. I would recommend the Humminbird 100 to anyone who loves to fish on a budget & needs portability.
Hummin Bird Fish finder
Works well , THE ONLY PROBLEM i have found so far is that it is difficult to mount on the side of the boat because of the angle , if the clamp were flexible somehow it would be…
The Pros & Cons Of The Humminbird 120 Fishin’ Buddy Fish Finder
- The unit is ergonomically designed and light in weight, thus it’s convenient to bring along anywhere.
- The Side Finder technology is a great feature that lets you have better control and find fish at different directions.
- Setting up and operating this unit is effortless and pretty much a no-brainer.
- It has sufficient number of functions that make it useful just about anywhere you need to use it.
- This product is reasonably priced and will pay for itself easily.
- Although it runs on batteries, it can easily render 35 to 40 hours of operating time, if you shut it off when not needed.
- It gives false readings when looking for fish on shallow waters.
- It would have been nice if the fish alarm also works for the side sonar.
- You only get a one minute notice when the batteries are about to be depleted.
- It has thin and fragile-looking wires on the battery pack.
The Bottom Line
In general, both the young and old would love the Humminbird 120 Fishin’ Buddy 4-Inch Waterproof Fish Finder which works as advertised. It’s one of the best portable fish finders on the market today.
Aside from finding fish, this unit is also great for gaining insight on the activities of fish and your distance from them, and the price of this model is very affordable.
It’s unfortunate though that it gives false readings when you’re on shallow waters. In addition, it is also a good idea to take extra precautions when changing the batteries on this unit since it has fragile and thin wires, which may fail if you’re not careful in handling this device.
Overall, although some few cons, the Humminbird 120 Fishin’ Buddy 4-Inch Waterproof Fish Finder is reliable device that does a decent job for its very reasonable price and it can be a great choice if your budget is around $150.