Looking for the best kayak fish finders? Let’s face it: kayak fishing can be tough. Sometimes, it can seem like you’re casting your rod to an empty body of water. Luckily, there is a tool you can use to maximize the number of bites you get.
A fish finder is an advanced piece of technology that is compact and allows you to easily see where fish are, so you can maximize your chances of catching one, or many. Since there are hundreds of kayak fish finders on the market, it can be difficult and overwhelming to find the best one suited for you.
That being said, here is a quick guide on the ten best kayak fish finders currently on the market!
Best Kayak Fish Finders Buying Guide – Catch More Fish, Faster with These
Table of Contents
How to Choose the Best Kayak Fish Finder
Before we get into the best kayak fish finders currently on the market, it’s important to discuss how to choose the best kayak fish finder for you. The first thing you should consider when purchasing a kayak fish finder is the sonar reading level. According to industry standards, you should look for a kayak fish finder that has 83/200 kHz.
You should also make sure your kayak fish finder includes a transducer and fits on your kayak. Unfortunately, kayak fish finders aren’t one size fits all. So, it’s helpful to keep this in mind while you look for the perfect kayak fish finder.
Lastly, consider purchasing a kayak fish finder that has a user-friendly display, is portable, and has additional features, such as bottom tracking and battery life display. You should also consider the battery life for longer trips when attempting to find the best kayak fish finders.
Now that we’ve gone through a few things you should keep in mind when searching for the perfect kayak fish finder, check out our reviews of the top ten best kayak fish finders currently on the market!
|Image||Product Model||Display Size||Frequencies||GPS Included||More Info|
|Garmin Striker 4||3.5 Inch||CHIRP||Yes|
|Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+||Device Dependent||Dual-Frequency||Yes|
|Raymarine Dragonfly Pro||4 inch||CHIRP, CHIRP DownVision||Yes|
|Lowrance Hook-4 Sonar||4 inch||CHIRP, Downscan||Yes|
|HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder||3 inch||Dual-Frequency||No|
|Humminbird 110 Fishin' Buddy||4 inch||Traditional||No|
|Signstek FF-003 Fish Finder||2.8 inch||Traditional||No|
|Vexilar SP200 T-Box Smartphone Fish Finder||Device Dependent||Traditional||No|
|Lucky Portable Fishing Sonar||3 inch||Traditional||No|
|ReelSonar iBobber||Device Dependent||Proprietary||Yes|
The first kayak fish finder on our list is the Garmin Striker 4. If you know anything about fish finders, you most likely know that Garmin is one of the top manufacturers. In fact, most people would probably be sold on solely seeing the Garmin brand name. But, let’s dive deeper into why this fish finder is one of the top-rated fish finders on the market!
One of the things we loved about the Garmin Striker 4 is the fact it’s extremely user-friendly. Seriously, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned angler, you will be able to easily use this kayak fish finder. Although the Garmin Striker 4 is user-friendly, it doesn’t sacrifice features for efficiency and ease of use.
In fact, the Garmin Striker 4 is one of the most featured packed kayak fish finder we’ve ever used. It has CHIRP sonar technology, a GPS, and even a dual display screen.
User-friendly interface comprised with a 3.5” display screen that is fully colored; as well as CHIRP sonar; and a 77/200 kHz transducer.
- GPS included; so you can easily navigate anywhere and set pinpoints for structures and areas.
- Dual display; so you can use the GPS and the fish reader at the same time.
- Transducer included.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Includes a GPS; so you don’t have to worry about getting lost.
- Colored display screen.
- Sometimes difficult to power up.
- Transducer is a little bit faulty.
Let’s face it: there’s limited space on a kayak. The last thing you want is a humongous fish finder with a ton of wires. Luckily, with the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ you don’t have to worry about space or dealing with tangled wires because it’s super lightweight, portable, and even wireless.
The Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ is truly the kayak fish finder of the modern world. In other words, its advanced technology and design makes it one of the most innovative fish finders on the market. Unlike traditional kayak fish finders, the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ hooks up to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth, and is even compatible with all smartphones, such as iPhones and Androids.
If you really want to get the most out of the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+, you’re going to want to tie it to your fishing line and cast in the general area where you would like to catch fish. Once your line is cast, the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ will scan the entire area between you and where the line casted. Therefore, you have a direct view of all the fish in your vicinity.
Although the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ is super compact, it includes some additional features that can be used on the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ app. These features include a fishing log and maps. Although these features might not necessarily directly benefit you while you’re fishing, they’re helpful to track your progress and see document what areas you generally have more success fishing in.
Uses Bluetooth technology; so you don’t have to worry about any wires.
- Scans the entire area you’re in by tying it to your fishing line and casting it.
- Includes an app you can download on your smartphone that has additional features; such as maps; a fishing log; and a diary.
- Lightweight; compact; and portable.
- Scans the entire area you’re in.
- Connects to an app where you can track your fishing progress and view maps.
- Only has 5.5 hours of continuous battery life.
- The app isn’t updated and is somewhat faulty.
- Depending on the area you’re in; this fish finder might have spotty connection and might not scan the entire vicinity.
Although large kayak fish finders aren’t usually ideal, the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro’s outstanding function and features make up for it’s large size. The smallest size the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro offers has a screen size of 4”. This is the perfect viewing size for the best kayak fish finders. But, if you want to be able to use it on other watercraft, such as boats, you might want to consider purchasing the 5” or 7” model.
Regardless of which model size you choose, the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro has a LED backlit display that also has high contrast, color, and anti-fog features, so you don’t have to worry about squinting or straining your eyes to view where the fish are in your area.
While most kayak fish finders have only traditional CHIRP sonar, the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro has traditional CHIRP sonar as well as CHIRP DownVision, which comes with a wide-spectrum feature. This means that the screen will be extremely clear and detailed. In other words, the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro has one of the clearest pictures on the market.
In order to integrate the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro with social media and your smartphone, this kayak fish finder has an app called Wi-Fish. Wi-Fish comes with a variety of features, such as the ability to livestream your sonar data while you’re fishing. You can even pause, rewind, or zoom the sonar data on any device, so you can see the ideal area to fish. If you want to showcase the fish you just caught, use Wi-Fish’s social media upload feature.
4”; 5”; or 7” screen size.
- LED backlit display with high contrast; color; and anti-fog.
- CHIRP sonar and CHIRP DownVision.
- Wi-Fish app with livestream sonar data; video features; and ability to upload to social media.
- Large screen.
- Lighting and color features make it easy to view anywhere at any time.
- Innovative and integrative Wi-Fish app that can be used on any smartphone or portable device; such as an iPad.
- Sometimes glitchy.
- Some kayakers may not like the bulky size.
If you want the best kayak fish finder that has an extensive list of features, then the Lowrance Hook-4 Sonar is the perfect kayak fish finder for you. This kayak fish finder has a decently sized screen that’s four inches. Another great screen feature is the split screen function, so you can view multiple images at once. This helps maximize your chances of catching a fish.
The CHIRP sonar plus down scans and provides an extensive picture of the entire vicinity you’re in. This produces a stunning picture with color and premium resolution. Other features that contribute to the Lowrance Hook-4 Sonar’s premium image is the 83/200 kHz and 455/800 kHz transducers and a depth range of up to 1,000 feet.
One of our favorite features of the Lowrance Hook-4 Sonar is the Advanced Signal Processing function. The Advanced Signal Processing function maximizes the image for you and automatically targets the area where you should fish. This means you don’t have to spend time to manually adjust the image yourself like you normally would for traditional kayak fish finders.
Split screen function.
- CHIRP sonar plus.
- 83/200 kHz and 455/800 kHz transducers.
- Depth range of up to 1000 feet.
- Advanced Signal Processing.
- GPS with pre-installed maps.
- The split screen function makes it extremely easy to view the entire area you’re fishing in.
- Wider depth range than traditional kayak fish finders.
- GPS with pre-installed maps make it easy to navigate any body of water.
- Not as water resilient as other kayak water finders.
- Faulty transducer.
The next kayak fish finder on our list is the HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder. The HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder is one of the most portable kayak fish finders currently available. In order to get a closer idea of how portable the HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder is, it’s similar to the size of a smartphone. So, you will be able to easily fit it into your hand.
In addition to being extremely portable and easy to hold, the HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder is extremely easy to use. It has three modes that you can use in different seasons and climates. One of the highlighted modes is the Ice Mode. The Ice Mode utilizes a digital flasher, so you can easily detect where fish are, even when you’re ice fishing.
Another great feature of the HawkEye Fishtrax 1C Fish Finder is the auto-zoom bottom tracking. When you use the auto-zoom bottom tracking in conjunction with the sensitivity adjustment, you will be able to easily track and read where fish are, even in the deepest waters.
83/200 kHz transducer.
- 100-level sensitivity adjustment.
- Auto-zoom bottom tracking.
- 3 user-friendly modes.
- Easy to use.
- 3 modes; so you can easily track and read fish whenever and wherever.
- Easy to view fish at any depths with the sensitivity adjustment and auto-zoom bottom tracking.
- Compact size; lightweight; and extremely portable.
- Sometimes the screen is faulty in deeper waters.
- Easily rusts around the battery compartment.
The Humminbird Fishin Buddy 140c is one of our favorite kayak fish finders on this list. One of the reasons why we love the Humminbird Fishin Buddy 140c is because it is extremely portable and versatile. Another great feature of this kayak fish finder is the fact you don’t have to use screws or wires to set it up. Instead, all you have to do is fasten the fish finder to a clamp mount.
Other great features of the Humminbird Fishin Buddy 140c include a 200/455 kHz sonar frequency, a depth range of up to 240 feet, and approximately 30 hours of battery life. Also, you don’t have to worry about having to struggle to read your fish finder during extreme sunlight or various weather conditions because it has an easy to read screen that’s 3.5 inches.
No screws or wires.
- 200/455 kHz sonar frequency.
- Depth range of up to 240 feet.
- Approximately 30 hours of battery life.
- 5” screen.
- Easy to mount.
- Versatile to use on a kayak; boat; or other watercraft.
- Standard depth range.
- Easy to read screen.
- Faulty screen.
- Although it has a telescopic function; it doesn’t work great.
If you’re looking for an affordable premium quality kayak fish finder, then the Signstek FF-003 Fish Finder is the perfect option for you! One of the most notable features of the Signstek FF-003 Fish Finder is the LED display that you can easily read in any weather conditions, such as extreme sunlight.
Although the Signstek FF-003 Fish Finder has a traditional fish finder appearance, it has advanced modern technology that can read water depths between 2 to 240 feet. This is the perfect depth range for average everyday kayak fishers.
Another great feature of the Signstek FF-003 Fish Finder is the sensitivity adjustment, which allows you to easily view fish in your vicinity. When you use the sensitivity adjustment feature in conjunction with the bottom contour and water temperature features you will be able to practically target the exact fish you want.
- Depth reading from 2 to 240 feet.
- 100-level sensitivity adjustment.
- Bottom contour.
- Water temperature indicator.
- Extremely easy to read even in extreme sunlight.
- Wide depth range makes it ideal to use in virtually any place you want to kayak.
- Sensitivity adjustment; bottom contour; and water temperature features make it easy to target ideal areas to fish.
- Short battery out.
- Not as waterproof as other kayak water finders.
The Vexilar SP200 T-Box Smartphone Fish Finder is another kayak fish finder that integrates your smartphone into its fish finding technology. Not only does the Vexilar SP200 T-Box Smartphone Fish Finder turn your smartphone into an integrative fish finder, but it also has a Wi-Fi hotspot, so you can easily connect your smartphone or tablet and use it virtually anywhere at any time.
Some of the best features of the Vexilar SP200 T-Box Smartphone Fish Finder includes a standard depth range of 240 feet, temperature and depth indicators, and even alarms that alert you when fish are near.
In addition to the phenomenal internal features, the Vexilar SP200 T-Box Smartphone Fish Finder comes with a variety of extras that make it easy to use your smartphone as a fish finder, such as a neoprene armband.
Turns your smartphone into a kayak fish finder.
- Wi-Fi hotspot included.
- Depth range of 240 feet.
- Temperature and depth indicators
- Alarms alert when fish are near.
- Neoprene armband.
- Your smartphone becomes a kayak fish finder; so you don’t have to worry about another piece of technology.
- Includes a Wi-Fi hotspot; so you can use it anywhere at any time.
- Audible alerts when fish are near; so you don’t have to worry about missing a fish.
- Image quality isn’t as great as other kayak fish finders.
- Hard to view the bottom of the body of water you’re in.
One of the most portable kayak fish finders on the market is the Lucky Portable Fishing Sonar. This kayak fish finder has a fish and bottom contour feature that makes it extremely easy to identify what’s located in your vicinity, such as fish, weeds, sand, and even rocks at the bottom of the water.
With multi-viewing feature functions, you can view fish in virtually any climate and during any type of fishing. This includes offshore fishing, ice fishing, and typical lake fishing. With a depth range from 3 to 328 feet, the Lucky Portable Fishing Sonar has a higher depth range than typical kayak fish finders.
5 sensitivity modes.
- Audible fish alarm.
- Depth range from 3 to 328 feet.
- Fish and bottom contour.
- Audible fish alarm; so you don’t have to worry about missing a fish.
- Wide depth range.
- Easy to view images.
- Low quality battery.
- Some features might be complicated for new kayak fishers to use.
The last kayak fish finder on our list is the ReelSonar iBobber. Unlike most traditional kayak fish finders, the ReelSonar iBobber uses a rechargeable battery that even has an indicator light when you need to recharge it. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the hassle of continuously purchasing and keeping batteries, as well as wondering when your finder’s battery is going to die.
Another great feature of the ReelSonar iBobber is its ability to be used as a bobber or a fish finder. All you have to do is switch the two-snap swivel connection. Regardless of how you use the ReelSonar iBobber, it is extremely portable and compact. In fact, you can easily place it in the palm of your hand. So, you don’t have to worry about it taking up a large space on your kayak.
In order to integrate traditional fish finding technology with your smartphone, the ReelSonar iBobber has an innovative app that can be used on any smartphone. The app has various features, such as bottom contours that show the precise structure of the bottom of the body of water you’re fishing in, as well as weather and location specifics, water temperature detector, and the ability to mark areas where fish typically congregate. Lastly, you can easily share information and pictures of the fish you caught or where you were fishing by using the social media sharing feature.
Rechargeable battery with an indicator light.
- Two-snap swivel connection that allows you to use the ReelSonar iBobber as a bobber or fish finder.
- Use the ReelSonar iBobber app on your smartphone or tablet.
- App features various functions; such as precise images of the area you’re in and a social media sharing feature.
- Audible fish alarm.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Compatible with your smartphone or tablet; so you can view and analyze your fishing trip at any time.
- Ability to mark areas where you regularly have success at fishing.
- Audible fish alarm; so you don’t have to worry about missing a fish that’s close.
- Only has a depth range of up to 135 feet.
- Faulty connection.
Our Overall Favorite
Among the ten kayak fish finders we tested and reviewed, our overall favorite is the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro. Even though the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro is larger than standard kayak fish finders, it’s easy to see that it has the most innovative, advanced, and premium features. In other words, it’s hard to find a kayak fish finder that matches the Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro’s technical ability.
Best Kayak Fish Finder for Someone on a Budget
You don’t have to sacrifice quality for affordability. This is apparent with the Garmin Striker 4. Although the Garmin Striker 4 is budget friendly, it has a ton of quality and innovative features that are suitable for anglers with various skills and experiences. Also, the Garmin Striker 4 is completely compatible with most of Garmin’s other products. So, you can customize your kayak fish finder and deck it out with additional Garmin products.
If you’re looking for a kayak fish finder that produces premium quality pictures with high resolution, then the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ is the perfect kayak fish finder for you. The Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ has a nearly flawless design with phenomenal features that are integrated into the app that connects your smartphone with the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+.
As you can tell, there are a ton of phenomenal kayak fish finders on the market. Hopefully, you were able to use our best kayak fish finders review guide to help you find the perfect kayak fish finder for you. With one of these phenomenal kayak fish finders, you will no longer have to spend countless hours waiting for a bite on your line. Instead, you will be able to enjoy your time kayak fishing and hopefully catch more than one fish!